Image Map

Friday 14 August 2015

Weird Things People Might Say In A Bookstore | The Bangzo BookWorm



Yes, you are right, this post was inspired by Jen Campbell's extremely addictive book "Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops" if you haven't read it, you should. 

~

"Why don’t bookstores have trolleys, my arms are aching!"

"I can’t find a single book that I like in here- maybe (x bookshop) has a better choice."

"Can I return this book even if I end up reading it- its covered the 30 return policy, right?"

"I’m not buying it- it is a lot cheaper on my Kindle."

"Shot in the dark, but do you stock Harry Potter?"

"I know this is buy one get one free, but this book set is a trilogy… how does that work?"

"Gosh, it’s a bit quiet in here."

"I'm not sure I like paperbacks, hardbacks smell a lot better."
"Hi, I want to buy this book to put on my Kindle." ( proceeds to get money out of purse and place paperback onto cashier desk)

"Why buy the book when I can watch the film- it will take less time anyway."

"Can you tell me where the Bible would be on the A-Z author shelf?"

"Look, it’s the first edition of the book (gasp) but why is it so expensive?"

"Argh, not a fan of any of those books over in Bestseller, whose idea was it to put them there anyway?"

"Hi, I've been looking for a certain book, but I can’t remember what it is called, can you help me?"

"What do you mean I can’t drink my coffee in here? I always drink my coffee while reading a book."

Person 1: "Are you going to buy that book?"
Person 2: "No, there is no point, I am just taking notes for my History exam tomorrow."

Have you heard any other weird things in a bookstore/ bookshop? Let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment